La Ancla ••• Ventura, California

somewhere between madmax and ecotopia is la ancla, an urban sustainability project in ventura, california's la avenida neighborhood. we have a 1/5 acre of land five minutes from the ocean, 3 cottages and an intense passion for laughter, nature, and living in harmony with each other and the earth. we believe it is possible to live well in a beautiful place with a small ecological footprint while not isolating ourselves from economic and cultural resources of the city.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

good wwoofer magic!

some daily affirmations to make the wwoofing process better for all of us...

• good wwoofers are friendly and nice

• good wwoofers read the farm listings carefully and only respond to farms they actually are interested in working on

• good wwoofers don't send out generic form emails to farms. most farms are super busy and take care to answer each prospective wwoofer and it's a bit disheartening to get emails from people who either haven't read your posting or asking questions obviously answered in your listing.

• good wwoofers realize that there is more to wwoofing than sweating with plants and dirt. most farms are rooted in family or community and good wwoofers do their best to contribute to every aspect of the farm: like being friendly and inviting to new wwoofers, neighbors and residents alike.

• good wwoofers help keep the living areas, working and cooking areas clean and functional. all wwoof hosts resent cleaning up after their visitors

• good wwoofers aren't sleezy men who harass their female counterparts.

• good wwoofers don't let god or jah come between them and respectful relationships with the greater wwoofing community.

• good wwoofers realize that the continued success of wwoofing is reliant upon wwoofers not stealing or sleezing or slacking so that farms no longer want to mess with them...

• good wwoofers are the best thing ever! (and we've had nothing but the best!!!)

xoxo

don't let wwoofing turn into thunderdome (though we do love tina turner a whole lot)

2 comments:

  1. Clara Fedoroff
    Le Rivage
    34390 Olargues
    FRANCE
    cielterre@yahoo.fr

    Dear Community,


    My root is Russian but I was bornt in France.
    I 'd begun my studies in France and I'd finished in Quebec.
    I'd like to pass 6 months (if I can have a visa) in several communities in California, with the intention of find a place for my life. I prefer to find a community.
    I liking to discovery countries and people but I can't build a real relationship and it's miss me.
    I 'd worked in 9 countries but usually in Asia and I know ecology. I travel alone.
    I don't know well English, so in same time if you 're person like to teach, I'll very happy.
    I 'm arriving the September 1st 2010, so I'd like to know if you have place at this time?
    If I 'll can use your computer some time for to see my @?
    and how many hours/day, volunteer work?
    The accommodation and meals, is it free?
    Thank you for your answer.
    And I hope see you meet soon.
    Best Regards
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear community,
    I am a 17 year old who is very enthusiastic about Organic Farming and I have experience with working with Animals and Organic agriculture, I am currently seeking a live in situation that is work trade friendly, Please let me know if you have room for me!
    -Laura Krouse
    lauraakrouse@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete